Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Disaster

So in the process of stripping a pewter model with acetone the worst thing happened that could have, it spilled over my painting desk, that was full of models, bits, conversions terrain. It stripped the lines off my cutting mat, slightly melted the treads on my LRC (which actually doesn't look bad gives it some battle damage), took the clear coat off a few of my brushes and melted the bottoms of my paint bottles. Over all nothing of real importance was damaged as I have a quick reaction time and had a gallon bucket of water and everything went into it fast to dilute the acetone. It could have been much worse the demon prince that I had just finished and dull coated has not on the table and could have been.

So now I have a few things to repaint, a few things to rescuplt and the knowledge that my cat isn't going to mess with acetone again.

3 comments:

Klaus said...

Ouch!
Eventhough you were lucky that no real damage was done, but just the havock to your working area, the mess to clean up!
I really feel for you.
Good luck in getting everything back to normal quickly.
Cheers
klaus

RonSaikowski said...

Yikes, why use acetone? There are way more friendly things to use.

Dezartfox said...

Dang..

Use acetone free!! Doesn't melt anything!